Sunday, February 19, 2012

Married in the Winter- Misc.

It would be hard to get through these long winter months and this semester if you didn't have a few projects.  

Of course I had to start with my new embroidery machine.  My first project was personalizing Jack's bed.  Even though he can't read it, I'm sure he enjoys it.


Next I tried to combine my sewing skills and my embroidery skills.  So I decided to make this apron to match my new recipe box.


Next, I found a flag similar to this one hanging in a house of a tv show Karsten and I were watching.  I decided our house needs to be patriotic like that.  So I went to Michael's, bought 13 strips of wood about 1 inch wide and I painted each one.  My star stencil didn't work so I had to paint the stars by hand and try and get them to match as best as I could.  Then I hot glued the strips to vertical strips with small gaps in between.  Then I stapled the wire to the back to hang.


Of course, Karsten had some projects of his own.  He is working on creating his own army.


1 comment: